'Swasey Chapel at Denison University'
This woodcut print depicts the Swasey Chapel, which is the first building at Denison, and it remains at the heart of the Denison University campus today. Denison is located in Granville, Ohio, named for a Muskingam County farmer; William S. Denison in 1853. This woodcut is bears the name 'Denison' and it is initialed by the artist 'M.cD.', presumably an artist named McDonald. Given its presentation and style, it likely dates to c1930s. There is a vintage print shop label on the backside for 'Bussa Studio and Art Shop' in Norristown, PA. They started in business in 1927, and the label fits the period. The print measures 13" x 7.25", and the frame measures 18.5" x 12". It is matted in an ecru mat, and a simple wood frame. It is in good condition with mild toning. P9014 $125.00